10 museums to visit in Europe while in lockdown: virtual tours and online collections to visit from your sofa.
After China, also Italy and Europe locked down because of Covid19, the virus which is conquering the world, blocking jobs, markets, movement, and forcing us to stop, staying alone, isolated and with the only company our our own self. The state is taking care of our physical health, but who is thinking to our mental and spiritual wellbeing? And yet emotions are crucial tools to grow, fight, working things out or get defeated, that is why we point you out ten museums where you can enjoy beauty while staying on your own sofa. Get drunk with sacred, perfect, sublime, brave, fearless images, make them yours within yourself, remember the world is also this, and we are here to fly high and see things from a higher point of view, the same way great masters did, sharing then their own visions with us.
1. Pinacoteca di Brera – Milano https://pinacotecabrera.org/
2. Galleria degli Uffizi – Firenze https://www.uffizi.it/mostre-virtuali
3. Musei Vaticani – Roma http://www.museivaticani.va/content/museivaticani/it/collezioni/catalogo-online.html
4. Museo Archeologico – Atene https://www.namuseum.gr/en/collections/
5. Prado – Madrid https://www.museodelprado.es/en/the-collection/art-works
6. Louvre – Parigi https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
7. British Museum – Londra https://www.britishmuseum.org/collection
8. Metropolitan Museum – New York https://artsandculture.google.com/explore
9. Hermitage – San Pietroburgo https://bit.ly/3cJHdnj
10. National Gallery of art – Washington https://www.nga.gov/index.html